Due to scheduled maintenance, Blackboard will be unavailable until Tuesday morning (8/21).
Having problem with passwords or logging in to Blackboard?
First-time users must use this format for your password:
- Capital A
- Date of birth (2 digits for the month, 2 digits for the day and the last 2 digits of the year)
- Last 4 digits of your "A Number" (student ID number)
- Then add an exclamation mark (!).
If you need to reset or change your password, visit MyPassword.
If you are still having issues logging into Blackboard please contact the Distance Education Department at 956-872-2598, then dial 1.
Having problems with your web browser? Clear your cache...
Web browsers like to keep a cache (copy) of a page to use if you return to that site again later. This saves time and avoids loading the same page all over again. Sometimes those copies can get out-of-date or cause issues, and you'll need to clear them out.
For most browsers you can clear the cache with a simple shortcut:
- Ctrl-Shift-Delete (Windows)
- Command-Shift-Delete (Mac)
If you need more help, visit Refresh Your Cache to get detailed instructions for your specific browser.
What kind of computer system do I need for online classes?
- PC: Windows XP, Vista, 7 or 8
- Mac: OSX 10.7 or higher
- RAM: Minimum 512 KB; 1 GB
- Connection speed: Minimum 56 K, (DSL or cable strongly recommended)
Many courses require high-speed connections for interactive multimedia (e.g., PowerPoint, digital video). These requirements should be stated in the course syllabus. If your connection is slower than a 56 K modem, you may experience slow response times.
- Firefox 3.6 or higher
- Chrome 17 or higher
- Safari 6.0 or higher on Mac only. (Note: Safari for Windows is unsupported)
- Internet Explorer 9.0 or higher (Windows only)
- Depending on the types of materials used in your course, you may need additional programs to view and open files (e.g., Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, iTunes, Flash player, Windows Media player, QuickTime).
- A sound card and speakers
- Java 7 or higher
- An email account
- Check with your instructor to determine what software you will need.
- Some classes may have specific requirements for additional software. These requirements will be listed in the course syllabus
My online course does not appear inside Blackboard
Courses do not appear until the first day of class.
If your course does not appear then, please contact Distance Education department so we can look into your account. Dial 956-872-2598, then press 1.
What is Respondus LockDown Browser, and how can I download it?
Respondus LockDown Browser is used to take online assessments. It locks down the computer so the student can not access the internet, chat, access files, etc. while taking the exam. Once the exam is completed the computer will be "unlocked."
To download the browser:
- Log in to Blackboard using your normal Jagnet username and password
- Click on the Student Services tab located on the top right menu
- Locate the Respondus LockDown Browser section and choose the link for your system (either for Windows or Mac version).
- Follow the installation directions
- Once installed you should find a new icon on your desktop:
- Double click on this icon to open the browser and take the exam