RGV Regional Science Olympiad
The 11th Annual Rio Grande Valley Regional Science Olympiad
February 25, 2017
The Science Olympiad is a nonprofit organization developed over 30 years ago to improve the quality of science education for students. The Olympiad consists of interscholastic competitions for students in grades 6th-12th.
It is a way to provide recognition of outstanding achievement in science education by both students and teachers as teams from all 50 states compete at the regional, state and national level.
The Regional Science Olympiad, hosted by the Physical Science Department at South Texas College, encourages students to participate in math and science.
Students from across the Rio Grande Valley are encouraged to participate. Competitions are available in two divisions, providing opportunities for both high school and middle school students.
Winning teams can progress to the State competition and potentially compete at the national level.
Events and Schedule will be posted soon.
- 1st - Alamo Heights Junior High (Team A)
- 2nd - Alamo Heights Junior High (Team B)
- 3rd - Noemi Dominguez Elementary
- 1st - Alamo Heights High School
- 2nd - Lamar Academy
- 3rd - Samuel V Champion High School
- 1st place- Harmony Science (Beaumont)
- 2nd place- Westbury Christian (Team A)
- 2nd place- Westbury Christian (Team B)
- 3rd place- Oratory Academy (Pharr, TX)
- 4th place- Harmony Science Brownsville
- 1st place- Med High (Mercedes) - advanced to state
- 2nd place- Med High (Mercedes)
- 3rd place- Westbury Christian (Houston)
- 4th place- Donna High School- advanced to state
- Nicho Produce
- Cengage Publishers
- Juniors Supermarket
- Pearson Publishing
- Chemistry, Engineering and Physical Science Department
A Special Thanks to:
- Faculty (Chemistry, Engineering and Physical Science Department)
- Chemistry Club at STC
- Pre-Pharmacy Club at STC
- Biology Club at STC
- Engineering Club at STC
- Latinas Club at STC
- All event coordinators, volunteers, and STC staff that made it successful!