The Institute for Advanced Manufacturing
- This department offers a diverse assortment of courses that satisfy employers’ needs for customized training to upgrade the skills of current employees and new employees. Also, mandatory Continuing Education Units for licensing requirements are available for certified professionals.
- IAM specializes in the latest advanced technology training offered anywhere. With a multitude of different courses our training helps employers upgrade the knowledge and skills of their employees.
- Our training programs are tailored to the client’s needs in content, schedule and location.
- Our services are offered to a wide range of clients that include all types of manufacturing, logistics, cold storage, and manufacturing related industries.
Tuition / Fees
- $6 per hour for customized training for a class of 12 or more.
- $60 per hour for customized training for groups of less than 12 trainees.
- Grant funds may be available for qualified employers.
"The mission of The Institute for Advanced Manufacturing is to help identify, develop and provide quality training programs to employers that are looking to upgrade the skills of their staff. The Institute offers a diverse assortment of courses that satisfy employer needs for customized training. The delivery of training courses is flexible and can be tailored to meet the employers work schedules including evenings, weekends, location, course content and length."
Manufacturing News Around Campus
Festo Training Center
RIO SOUTH TEXAS
Economic Partnerships Links
- McAllen Economic Development Corporation
- City of McAllen
- Chamber of Commerce
- Equal Employment Opportunity
- Explore McAllen
- Greater McAllen Alliance
- Hispanic Chamber of Commerce
- Maquila Womens Association
- McAllen EDC Blog
- McAllen Foreign Trade Zone
- McAllen International Airport
- North American Advanced Manufacturing Research and Education Initiative
- Rio South Texas Economic Counsil
- RGV Chamber of Commerce
- South Texas College
- South Texas Manufacturers Association
- University of Texas Pan American
- Yellow Pages
Seminar 2: April 14, 2016
Automation Principles and Techniques
Effective Management and Leadership
Lean Six Sigma Applied to your Business
Materials Planning and Inventory Control
Preventive Maintenance and Safety
Intelligent Manufacturing/Rapid Response
Plastics and Finish Coating Engineering