Jump directly to any of the following sections:
coolmath.com This site may look like a children’s site, but has much of the math necessary for Developmental Math and College Algebra. It is explained by the creator, a former community college math instructor, in an easy-to-understand and entertaining way.
sosmath.com Click on a hyperlinked phrase representing a subject area, and it takes you to an outlined page with specific concepts about the subject.
mathplanet.com Study math via videos at your own pace. You can also learn more by clicking on the colored boxes at the right on the homepage, ranging from pre-algebra to advanced algebra (classified as Algebra 2, taught in high schools). No registration necessary.
purplemath.com/modules There is a wide assortment of topics to choose from.
wtamu.edu/academic/anns/mps/math/mathlab/index.htm West Texas A&M University (located in Canyon, TX, just near Amarillo) provides math practice tutorials. Subjects are mainly algebra-related, and there are also study sessions for the GRE.
tutorial.math.lamar.edu Comprehensive and massive amounts of math material are listed on this site. This site contains notes from several classes taught by a math professor at Lamar University. There is also a well-written section on studying math, taking notes, getting help, and preparing for exams.
education.ti.com This site has guidebooks, downloads, and further information for your TI graphing or scientific calculator. This is the official site exclusively for TI scientific and graphing calculators.
patrickjmt.com A math tutor from Austin has hundreds of videos focusing on basic math, college algebra, trigonometry, and calculus topics.
- khanacademy.org A newly revamped site now with the true “academy” feel. Sign in with a Google or Facebook account to create an account to use the new learning dashboard personalized with recommended lessons just for you, so you can work on various math problems and learn about concepts not yet familiar or encountered. You can even watch videos as well as track your own progress.
math.com This site explains concepts in greater detail, covering numerous levels of math from basic mathematics to differential equations. It is like a “one-stop shop” type site for your math needs.
howtostudy.org This site provides tips on studying and homework practice not just for math, but also other various college courses.
Nursing and Allied Health CLE Math Modules/Reviews
- Level 1-Math & Dosage Calculations Module
- Levels 2 and 3-Math & Dosage Calculations Module
- Level 3-Childbearing & Pediatric Math Review Module
- Level 4-Math & Dosage Calculations Module
Physics and Chemistry Video Tutorials
Math Search Engine
Math Interactive Activites
General Reading Skills
Reading Links for Reading Skills Students
Fact and Opinion
- OWL (Purdue University's On-line Writing Lab)
http://owl.english.purdue.edu well-known, extensive writing improvement site
- Reference Sites
http://www.bartleby.com/ encyclopedias, dictionaries, word pronouncing
- http://a4esl.org/q/h/ online quizzes with answers and explanations for ESL students
- http://www.1-language.com/eslquizzes/ online quizzes with answers
- http://iteslj.org/v/s/ab-adj-people.html online ESL quizzes answers
- http://junketstudies.com/rulesofw/frules.html 11 Rules of Writing (typical writing errors with brief explanations)
- Basic Essay:
http://members.tripod.com/~lklivingston/essay/ basic essay with model to print out
Online Help With Spanish
- Nursing Calculators
- Clinical Calculators
- Medical Calculators
How to Study
- http://www.howtostudy.org Succeed in college with the latest study strategies and techniques. Get hints and tips for writing papers for your major and passing final exams.
- http://www.studygs.net/schedule/ schedule to help with study organization; follow directions at bottom of page when filling out; excellent for all students to fill out and get in the habit of using!
"Say A Word"
Don't you know to say a word? This site pronounces words for you. Just type a word in the top box and click.
"Know Yourself" Help
- Learning Styles Questionnaire
http://www.engr.ncsu.edu/learningstyles/ilsweb.html online questions with analysis of how students learn; can be related to study habits
- Jung Typology Test
http://www.humanmetrics.com/cgi-win/Jtypes2.asp online "know yourself" questionnaire with analysis; can be related to study habits
MS Office 2010 Reference Materials
- Quick Reference Guides for Office 2010
http://www.customguide.com/computer-training/quick-references Custom Guide's free quick reference resource for the Office 2010 Software suite
ACCUPLACER Test Preparation and Sample Questions
- ACCUPLACER Test information
http://www.collegeboard.com/student/testing/accuplacer/preparation-sample.html Official ACCUPLACER test site which includes test introduction, sample questions and tips